Keep up with the latest news from the Loddon Healthy Minds Committee. If you have questions, you can always use the Contact Form and we will try to provide additional information.
Stressed out? Feeling helpless? Help is here.
HeadtoHelp supports Victorians of all ages. Take the first steps towards finding the mental health and wellbeing support that’s best for you.
Are You QPR Ready?
Question. Persuade. Refer. QPR training is designed to provide everyday people with three simple steps to help save a life from suicide.
Chances are you’re in a position to help. QPR helps to make sure you know what to do.
For more information go to https://www.murrayphn.org.au/qpr/
MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION AUSTRALIA ARE RUNNING
FREE ONLINE SUPPORT GROUPS IN 2020!
Mental Health Foundation Australia is making all of their support groups available online until further notice.
Once you register, closer to the support group date, the group facilitator will contact you with the link to join the meeting.
For further information:
phone: 1300 643 287
Psychosocial Recovery Services
Day to Day Living programs which ended on 30 June 2019, are receiving their support though the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or PHN (Primary Health Network) funded psychosocial supports.
What are psychosocial supports?
Psychosocial supports are services that work in partnership with individuals who are not more appropriately supported through the NDIS and are significantly affected by severe mental illness.
This includes supporting people with:
• developing social skills and friendships
• building family relationships
• managing money
• finding and looking after a home
• developing work goals
• improving educational skills
• staying physically well, including with exercise
• support with drug, alcohol and smoking issues
• building broader life skills including confidence
Psychosocial Recovery Services eligibility
You may be eligible for Murray PHN-funded psychosocial supports if you:
• have a severe mental illness and are not currently receiving supports through an existing program
• were accessing services from Partners in Recovery, Personal Helpers and Mentors Service and Day to Day Living programs as at 30 June 2019
• are ineligible for the NDIS or do not yet have an NDIS eligibility decision or plan